CriticalMS New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lyon's Application for GM

2 posters

Go down

Lyon's Application for GM Empty Lyon's Application for GM

Post  Lionheart35 Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:20 am

In-game Name : Lyon as soon as the server is back on.

Name : Matt Strauss

Email / MSN : straussbook@gmail.com

Vacancy : Game Master (any position will do however)

Why do you believe you should fill this Vacancy(s) : I love MapleStory. I have played it for four years on the Global server and on an ample amount of private servers. I have been a GM on another server before and I have owned my own private server (a lot of work!) I am fair to all people and I would help anyone in anyway I can, but at the same time I would be equally thorough in all punishments of rule-breakers.

How much time can you commit to the server? : Currently I am on summer vacation and I can stay on for 7-8 hours. When school starts I will be able to commit about 3-5 hours a day.

How would you deal with Hackers? : I would ban hackers as soon as I had proof of them hacking, however I would be careful to be 100% sure they were hacking before I ban them. In my old server [LionheartMS] I had a competition with another GM to see who could ban more hackers. Most hackers use private server trainers, programs that take the data stream between the server and the client and modify it, and if the hackers stay with in certain bounds (limits set by the server) they won't get auto banned. If I became a gm I would make it my personal mission to ban every hacker on the server.

Past GameMaster or Forum Moderator Experience? : GM on another server and I owned my own server. I have limited experience with coding because of my old server and because I program in Visual Basic, have experimented with C++ and Java, and this year I will be taking a class on Java (a branch of C++)

Past MapleStory / Private server experience? : I play GMS and I have played on a multitude of private servers ranging from v.48 to v.72. I have seen a lot of servers and could bring ideas to this server from past servers.

What would you do if a "friend" asked for items / Scrolls Etc? : I would explain that this is against the rules. Besides anyone I would consider a friend would understand my position and wouldn't ask in the first place.

Tell us about yourself: I am 16 years old and I am American. I am a boy scout and have nearly attained the rank of Eagle. I love gaming. I own a PS2, an Xbox 360 pro, a Wii, a DS, every GameBoy except the Pocket and the Micro, and two Media specialized computers plus an Office Desktop. I would love to be an Architect/Programmer/Graphic Artist/Veterinarian for a living.

Thank-you for considering me! Very Happy

Lionheart35

Back to top Go down

Lyon's Application for GM Empty Re: Lyon's Application for GM

Post  whatemmanueL Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:05 am

ok i think you should be a gm but wait until they say it
whatemmanueL
whatemmanueL

Back to top Go down