CriticalMS New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GameMaster Application. I used format btw :)

Go down

GameMaster Application. I used format btw :) Empty GameMaster Application. I used format btw :)

Post  SilentWind Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:35 am

In-game Name : Currently none; I'm looking around for a new GM position since it appears something happened to the host of the last server I was a GM for, since the server closed an update yet no notice or anything has been posted as of the status, and the owner has yet to re-open the server. Pretty much just posting an application on the 3 best-looking Private Server sites I find.

Name : Ryan Garber

Email / MSN : crimsonrune@live.com email me via that if my application is accepted/if you wish to recieve the picture of proof of me being a GM before.

Vacancy : Gamemaster

Why do you believe you should fill this Vacancy(s) : I was a GM in another server, the population wasn't high but I still enjoyed the position. I believe in fairness between all members; If you hack, you get punished. If you're behaving, you get to participate in events and have fun with the community.

How much time can you commit to the server? : Due to several.. reasons.. which I would rather not disclose, I can currently commit around 12-16 hours per day to this server, varying based on holidays and if I have other arrangements in real life.

How would you deal with Hackers? : Small hack that doesn't interfere with other players enjoyment of the game: Warning and jail time of a few hours. Big hack or any hack that interferes with entertainment with other players: Being temp-banned until I report the information to the owner of this server, and then he can decide the fate of that user.

Past GameMaster or Forum Moderator Experience? : I have been a moderator in a few forums, mostly private server forums.. Although I found the positions all quite boring especially since there's usually a fair bit of spam to clean up. I was a Gamemaster in the server "RedSnow Maplestory" before it got shut down for an update. The owner stopped posting a couple months ago and as such I have left that server in search of another server that could use my help.

Past MapleStory / Private server experience? : I had played maplestory for quite a few years legitly even though I constantly had to put up with hackers and killstealers that GMs didnt even pay attention to. I played off-and-on and my latest character was a Lv85 Priest on Kraidia which I left because the grind was literally taking two hours to level-IF I could find a dark knight to train with. After that I started looking into private servers, and played a few. One I stuck with for a few months before a few GMs decided to go nuts and spammed Crimson Guardians at the FM and in Henesys; causing me to leave the server.

What would you do if a "friend" asked for items / Scrolls Etc? : I would ask the player/friend to stop begging for items, since GMs need to treat players equally and a balanced server is more enjoyable than one with all characters wielding level 110 dragon equipment with +500 on it due to GM scrolls.

Tell us about yourself : I'm currently 17, dealing with a bit in life right now so pretty much computer is the main entertainment I have left. I value intelligence and maturity in people and tend not to hang around people who do not display those qualities. I appriciate humor but when it gets out of hand that's where I draw the line and it becomes 'Immaturity'. I have an account on my PS3 which I play here and there, although I still prefer computer entertainment. I have a bit of knowledge about coding which I've learned through curiousity and trial/error. In my free time I like to explore different facts, such as lately I've been pondering which religion is most likely "Correct" and ended up coming up with the most logical thing would be that no religion is entirely "correct", rather, each believes a piece of the puzzle along with some other stuff they thought fit it.

Ending my rant before I keep going on and on.. Anyhow if you find my application acceptable, email me with the address I provided above and you can discuss further details and also request that I send you the screenshot of me standing in the FM during one of the relaxed moments in redsnow where I was the only one online so I summoned a horntail as an extra bit of proof.

Hope to hear from you within a couple of days at most. If not, have a merry christmas and get whatever GMs you currently have busy on getting some Christmas events prepared! -Silentwind

SilentWind

Back to top Go down